Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)


Thun, Switzerland

Photo took from Schadau Castle

My hubby, my baby and I went to Thun today. It was great weather, that’s why we went outside and decided to go to Thun. First, we visited Schadau Castle, which also before I delivered my baby last October we were there. I like to go this place because it is really beautiful view which you can see the known Alps, are Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau.

Schadau Castle

The Schloss Schadau is a castle on the south side of the Aare near the Lake Thun in the city of Thun, Canton of Berne, Switzerland. It lays in the Schaudaupark and was built from 1846 until 1854 after the plans of Pierre-Charles Dusillon in theGothic Revival style. Schloss Schadau was built for the Banker Abraham Denis Alfred de Rougemont
Since 1925 the castle belongs to the city of Thun and contains a Restaurant and the Swiss Gastronomy-Museum. Between 1972 and 1992 the facade of the castle was renovated by the city's own quarrymen.

This photo Took from Schadau Castle

Thun is the one of the most original towns in Switzerland. Thun is one of the most original towns in Switzerland. It occupies an admirable site within view of the Bernese Alps and is much overlooked by visitors pressing on to Interlaken. With its picturesque castle and quaint medieval center Thun (pronounced toon) is well worth a visit. Beautiful views of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau and, closer at hand, the giant pyramidal Niesen (2362m) and flat-topped Stockhorn (2190m) are a gentle prelude to the Alpine vistas further south.

Lake Thun is one of the loveliest and largest lakes in Switzerland and very much appreciated by tourists and locals alike. Located within green mountains and snowy summits (namely the Jungfrau) Lake Thun presents many opportunities for water-sports and swimming. A well documented network of walking path along the Lake and above the villages in the foothills invite for activities such as hiking and mountain biking.
And 5:30 PM, I got my perfect Lasagne in Freienhof Restaurant. That was the great and yummylicious Lasagne that I ever had and hubby ordered only a Crème Suppe just so simple than what I had. I recommend this Restaurant Freienhof, they have good service and they have very good and delicious food. Our day was fantastic and we enjoyed our visit in Thun.

3 comments:

Rad-Z said...

WOW...Thats a really pretty picture
nice shot...

Jazevox said...

very nice castle, reminds me of Cinderilla Castle that I saw in Disney World :-)

Norm said...

wow! I like the place sis! ganda...